Wednesday 3 November 2010

First Day of Draping


I've been looking forward to doing the draping today since our summer project. I've taken out loads of the books from the library and had a good look through them. I haven't really started our final booklet yet but I'm hoping I have plenty of time, according to my learning agreement timetable I should be fine. Although I do need to add in some quality blog time.

When I started draping this morning I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Then I realised I didn't like it at all, it wouldn't really do what I wanted it to, but I didn't really know what that was. But after an hour or so I realised I was really enjoying it. A day at uni has never gone so fast! And I can't wait to take my design off the stand tomorrow and turn it into a pattern. It did get quite confusing because I didn't cut much of the fabric off, so parts were attached to other parts that you couldn't see, and I have to find room for a zip, and I had to add a seperate bodice pattern in. But I really like it, and think it will be useful for designing for the final collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment