Tuesday 22 February 2011

Wedding Facts


I was having a little look at information on opening up my own bridal shop. There is loads of stuff on it, apparently everyone wants to open a bridal shop. Usually a lot of competition would worry me, but if I was to open up my shop in Swindon then I think being close to a lot of other bridal shops would bring more people in. And of course my bridal shop would be better than all the other shops.

While I was looking at bridal stuff I found a few random wedding facts:

The longest train was 200 meters long in China.
Britney Spears was only married to Jason Alexander for 56 hours.
Sit Temulji Nairman was married to Lady Nariman, when they were five years old. The marriage lasted for 86 years.
Apparently Wednesday is the best day to get married according to English tradition. Monday is for wealth and Tuesday is for health.
James Burgess and his wife Sarah Ann currently hold the record for the longest married British couple, their marriage lasted 82 years.
In 1840 Queen Victoria started the Western world's love of white wedding dresses. Before then, brides simply wore their best dress.
30,000 people attended a Jewish wedding in Jerusalem in 1993.
The most expensive wedding took place in Dubai for a Sheik's son. The wedding cost over £22 million and included a purpose-built stadium.
In 2000, the average bride was 24 years old and the average groom was 28.
The ancient tradition of bridesmaids dressing the same as each other and in similar style to the bride is because it was believed that evil spirits have a more difficult time distinguishing which one is the bride and putting a hex on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment