Wednesday 12 January 2011

Ethical Fashion Seminar

Today we had a seminar on ethical fashion. I had already decided to do ethics for my Professional Project so when the poster went up for it I knew it would be perfect. And it was. I found out loads of interesting stuff that I can use in my project.

I like the idea of making a whole collection out of bamboo, it's so soft! I got a card off one of the lecturers who said she could give me a list of companies who I might be able to get off cuts of end of line fabric from. I've always been into ethics, but now I've realised that if I don't go for that within my career then I will have to adapt at some point. Because I genuinely believe ethical fashion is the future and will become the norm. Thinking back to how far we have come since coffee wasn't fair trade and plastic bags were never reused goes to show how far ethical fashion has the potential to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment