Sunday 30 January 2011

Exhibitions

Trash Fashion
Yesterday me, Lauren and Miss Bing went to London to see some exhibitions. We had a great weekend! As we are all poor students we had to really make the most of going to London as it would be a struggle to be able to go again. And make the most of it we did. We went to MacCulloch & Wallis had a feel of some fabrics and naturally I headed straight to the buttons. Then we headed to the Science Museum for Trash Fashion: Designing Out Waste. That was a really good one for me with my Ethical Frontier project (the name of my professional project). 


After there we went to GSK Contemporary – Aware: Art Fashion Identity. That was my fav exhibition I've ever been to, I thought it was fantastic. I took one photo before I got told off of a selection of wigs. 

Art Fashion Identity

We also watched a film of Yoko Ono that has stuck in my mind. Not too sure why but here it is.




Finally we went to see Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion. I didn't think this one was as good but the designs were still amazing. Pattern cutting really isn't my thing and the work that must have gone in to them is unfathomable. At first it looked really quite small but it was actually huge. We watched about 3 films on Japanese designers. I might of had a little nap through one after our hectic day of running around London but they were really interesting! Definitely the best bit of the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment