Monday 17 January 2011

Fur Farming

Today I watched Kill It, Skin It, Wear It, a channel 4 documentary aired last year. I thought it would be a good start to my fur research but they avoided all of the series issues related with fur for fashion. The whole thing was 'fluffy' and they painted over the few major issues raised with rainbows and fur in tact kittens. I think PETA will be my next port of call. But it's impossible to know who is telling the truth. You can from one extreme to the other. I think at the end of the day it's down to your morals. I eat meat, although I wish I had the will power to be a vegetarian. But they will never stop killing animals for meat and they could be killed just as inhumanely if not more so than animals harvested for the fur trade. But I'm all for organic and sustainable materials.

Usually the argument for the killing of animals is 'pest control' but can nature take care of itself?

 How can I care so much about who is making my clothes and the pesticides that go into the earth and be unsure of whether or not killing 100 chinchillas for one coat is wrong. Obviously it is wrong. More research is needed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment