Tuesday 28 December 2010

The 5 Year Plan

I have been trying to figure out my five year plan for the last 2 months. Possibly longer than that. But after numerous options including 'full time blogger - literally kill me' I think I have finally figured out what I want to do with my life. 

Firstly I have accepted if I want to do what I love I will have to move to London. So that is the plan once I finish uni.


In 6 months finish uni.

Be living in London within 1 year - this gives me 6 months to save and continue getting some experience in Swindon. I really don't want to run out of money because I can't get a job and have to move back home.

Lack of experience means I may have to get an internship and work in a bar or something as well. Aim to get a job with the work experience - probably the easiest way in. Do work experience for 3 months max.

Try and get a semi decent job like previous work experience at Fashion Enter. Work there for 1-2 years.

After you have got some good experience start applying for couturier jobs - Ralph and Russo are currently looking for interns so may be more likely to take me on with slightly less experience. Work there for 3 years.

In 5-6 years move to Paris to work in a French Fashion House on their couture range. No RTW for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment