Monday 27 December 2010

Exhibitions

I've been having a look into exhibitions to visit. I've never really taken an interest in exhibitions before but there are some on at the moment that look really good, I just need to figure out when I can fit them in.
The first one I want to go see is:

GSK Contemporary – Aware: Art Fashion Identity

2 December 2010 – 30 January 2011
The exhibition examines how artists and designers use clothing as a mechanism to communicate and reveal elements of our identity. The exhibition includes work by 30 leading international practitioners and is divided into four sections:

Performance

Belonging and confronting
Belonging and confronting

Performance

On the same day as I visit this I am going to travel over to Somerset House to see Matthew Williamson.



Apparently it includes his working sketches and moodboards as well as his work and I find that very appealing.






Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion
15 October 2010 - 6 February 2011
Barbican Art Gallery


I think that like Japanese fashion this exhibition will be a bit weird and wonderful. But who can pass up an opportunity to see Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto and Junya Watanabe when they are all so conveniently placed under one roof.







No comments:

Post a Comment