Thursday 16 December 2010

Placement at Burberry you say?

I was chatting to Pat before we broke up and she was saying about a workshop on Sloane Street. It's a high end couture workshop with four seamstresses. Apparently they are looking for English speaking seamstresses. It would be great to get a placement here. I have also lined up a placement with Burberry. Which is really exciting although I think I would prefer the Sloane Street one.

The only thing is there isn't any allocated time to do placements in the second year, so I'll have to either do my studies at the same time or do it over the summer after I finish. But I'm already worried about living in London with no money, and there's no way I'll be able to work for free and afford to pay my rent. I think about my future career a lot. London is the biggest predicament I have. I didn't want to live there, but now I think I do, or at least I have accepted I'm going to have to. I can't commute from home it will be too expensive and time consuming when I won't be getting paid much.

I think the Burberry sounds better to the general public,  but I think the couture one will definitely be better! But I want to do both because those two, plus the one I did earlier this year is a good assortment of seamstress working areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment